I’m not entirely sure what happened to January and February but here we stand welcoming March.
Life is fast.
So, how do you keep yourself motivated through long, exhausting days that demand you to spread yourself in a thousand directions?
Three ways …
1. You slow down
In January we discussed the importance of remembering to slow down.
Our lives are so fast fast pased trying to fit in work, home, parenting, hobbies and friends that it can become easy to get engulfed into a matrix of schedules and meetings.
Often we full our busy days with meetings, things to do and scheduled activities.
We rush about to get things done but how many of us are also being busy making memories, spending time with family and friends and taking time to enjoy the activities we enjoy?
All of these are important for us to maintain a healthy balance in our lives.
Remember to take some adult time for yourself, time for your partner or to go on a date.
Time with your children is time you will never regret.
It’s also important to give back. If you overwealmed and stressed volunteering to those less fortunate than yourself or giving some time through mentorship to someone who can give you nothing can help you to recentre.
2. Take time for self care.
Self care is not selfish. It is an essential part of your mental health. You can not pour from an empty cup.
You need time to recharge to be on top of your game and continue the hectic schedules of life.
If you stuck in a rut, take the 31 day self love challenge
Your business is highly affected by your attitude. See how self care and self esteem are important elements in your business day
3. Top up on motivation.
Staying motivated is not always easy. Everyday stress and demands can play on our positivity and negatively affect up.
There’s a saying that goes … just like a bath you need motivation daily.
It’s important to wash off the days negativity.
How do you motivate yourself daily?
- I like to start my day in thought or meditation. It allows you the correct mindset to tackle the days challenges.
- Get some exercise. You need a healthy body as much as you need a healthy mind. Feeling good about yourself helps you to remain positive.
- Look at the days diary page or schedule. Break your tasks up and don’t try to stretch a weeks worth of work into the first 4 hours of the day.
- Set achievable goals and work on them systematically. Acknowledging your progress no matter how small.
- Keep your circle as positive as you can. Surrounding yourself with negative people will rub off on you and change your positive focus.
- Create a vision board or write down a set of goals that you look at daily to keep you motivated.
- Read ….choose a book or devotional that inspires you to pick up and gain inspiration from.
- All work and no play is the recipe for stress . Keep a healthy balance between both.
- Be your biggest fan …if you don’t believe in yourself why should anyone else ?
- Acknowledge your positive traits, don’t be too hard on the negative ones. No one is perfect.
- Choose a word for the year that motivates you …mine is Fidem! It means faith and keeps me reminded to have faith in myself.
- Fill your life with printed quotes…use positive motivational quotes on posters, coffee mugs, fridge magnets or note books as small visual reminders throughout the day.