Today is Mountain day and i thought i’d highlight my favourite mountain …Table Mountain.
More specifically, did you know that you get a FREE Birthday return trip on the Table Mountain Cableway?
The tickets are valid to all adults for a return trip. You need to visit the mountain with your ID to claim your ticket. Please note the tickets are valid for 7 days.
My trip up the mountain
We went up for my birthday two years ago and it was amazing . My birthday falls in winter so I have to tell you I froze, we were surrounded by mist so had very poor viability at the top but Wow! It was an experience I won’t forget.
The mountain is beautiful and as you slowly inch your way up in the aerial cableway , you glance over the breathtaking view of Cape Town. I can only imagine just how beautiful this view is at night with the city lights shining.
Up on the mountain a wide array of fauna and flora are yours to admire. From lazy lizards to wild dassies. Awaiting you are a few different paths to walk and some strategic lookout points to explore.
I could have spent alot longer at the top and going back up is on my 2018 bucket list.
Below are some Table mountain facts you may not have known about our famous mountain.
1. This flat topped mountain over looking Cape Town is over 250 million years old.
2. The highest point is 3,563 ft above sea level.
3. Table Mountain cableway opened in 1929.
5. It is the only terrestrial structure in the world to have a constellation name after it.
6. At least 2 couples get married on Table Mountain every month.
For more information